Tuesday, June 24, 2008

can you say green?


This last weekend, my friend, Jessica Wu (simply called "Wu") got married in the Seattle temple. We've been friends since freshman year in the dorms, so I felt it appropriate to make the thirteen hour drive with some other freshman friends to support her and say goodbye (Wu and her husband are moving to Wisconsin. To me, Wisconsin's appeal can be summed up in one word: cheese. But seeing as Oregon has an abundance of delicious cheese, thanks to Tillamook, I can't say truthfully that Wisconsin is appealing at all to me. But to each his own). On the way to Seattle, we had to drive through part of Oregon, much to my pleasure. I greatly enjoyed seeing the color green; Utah is sadly lacking in trees and other greenery.


Being the good friends that we are, Nicole, Kaity, and I put together a wedding night package for Wu, complete with all the necessary items. Wu got a good kick out of it.


Wu and Justin looked so happy when they came out of the temple. Wu was absolutely gorgeous, and seeing her tear up almost made me cry, which is saying a lot. Yea for Jessica and Justin Yan!


This picture is of all the freshman friends, plus Jessica's other bridesmaid (on the far left), and her other friend Jen (to the right of Wu). I was so happy I could be there at her wedding to support her and see her start such an exciting chapter in her life.

And just in case you were worried that there wasn't a candy out there that involved the bathroom, now there is! Behold Sour Flush candy, complete with a candy plunger that can be dipped into sour dip in the toilet bowl. Life just doesn't get better than this. 

No comments: