Sunday, June 15, 2008

BBQ + carnival = good times all around

We had a barbecue for the office I work at on Saturday, which meant free food, which meant that I definitely put it in my planner. I'm all for free food, especially when that free food includes hamburgers. As you can see, I work in an office dominated by girls. This makes for interesting conversations on days when there isn't very much work to do.


After the BBQ, I went to the Springville carnival that was, surprisingly enough, in Springville. I learned that at the old age of 20 (almost 21!), my body does not like being thrown and spun around on carnival rides. After going on three of them, my head was pounded and I felt nauseous. And yet I would still go on them again. There's stupidity for you. After we felt sick enough to throw up from going on carnival rides run by suspicious looking carnies that didn't seem to care about our safety on these rides, we went to Orem to watch the firework show. It was actually a good show, and we were so close to where they were setting them off that our eyes stung from the smoke afterwards. All in all, a good Saturday night.

4 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

Oh the days of being single. I used to go to all the random things around town too...what happened to me? Now I sit by the phone and wait for my stissy to call and say she is free to babysit so I can actually go out. Thank goodness tonight was one of those nights! I will see Wednesday, THANK YOU!

Quinn said...

love the blog!

Courtney said...

great pictures! And I love that you are into your blog---good job.

Andy Phillips said...

wait... so everytime after you eat, you hop on a carnival ride to control your weight? you're crazy.