Thursday, July 17, 2014

Emma in Chicago


Right before we left for our first church meeting in Chicago. Emma is wearing my dress from when I was little.  Our meetinghouse is almost 5 miles away so we took public transportation to get there--but still ended up walking over a mile. I had like 10 blisters on my feet because I wore some new wedges. The upside: my legs looked fantastic so I'd say it was worth it.




On Monday Emma was a little more worn out than usual when I was making dinner....




She NEVER does this, so I knew she was coming down with something to make her fall asleep all over our teeny apartment (this is a different spot than the pic above).



Then a day later I changed her diaper and found this on her legs. So gross. I took her to urgent care the next day and they had no idea what caused it. So they told me to give her benadryl and it cleared up after one dose.  



She'd also had a fever for a few days and the doctor told me it was because of an ear infection. Poor baby! So I got lots of snuggles. 




Emma was even feeling sick enough to do this while I showered. She does not like it when I shower and don't let her play around in the tub so this was crazy. 




But it's also been pretty fun in Chicago. Emma loves how much time we spend outside finding things to do. This was at a splash pad in Millennium Park.




Stuck under the coffee table. This coffee table (that we did not pick out, our apartment came furnished) has very sharp corners so Andrew and I are always on edge since she still falls over constantly.



We took a walk along the lake. It was so beautiful! I loved looking at all the sailboats and yachts. Andrew and I kept picking out ones that we would purchase. Obviously mine looked like they came straight out of VH1's Yachts of the Rich and Famous.




There are a bunch of free events at the Pritzker Pavilion (sp) in Millennium Park, and since it's just a block away from our apartment we went to one last week. We brought a picnic dinner while we waited for the show to start. Emma was more interested in feeding us than eating it herself. 




The show was an orchestra performing Louis Armstrong and Etta James music, and Emma looooved it. She kept dancing and clapping her hands. It was adorable. As is everything else she does.




Andrew won tickets to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes from work so we took Emma with us (we don't have a babysitter yet). I had absolutely no desire to see this movie so I was kind of hoping Emma would freak out and I would have to take her out, but she did really well and only fussed a couple times. If only she behaved that well during church. The best part was the free popcorn and drinks we got. Score!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I need to see you, pronto! I'm glad you are loving Chicago!