Monday, August 27, 2012

SHASTA!

 The Hansens brought back the annual trip to Shasta Lake this year, and I couldn't be happier about it. My whole family was there plus a bunch of extended family. A few days after the beach with Andrew's family I flew to Oregon so I could attend Kyle's wedding before Shasta.  I love Kyle and I love Sandra, so it was a happy day.


The whole Hansen family (the pic will be outdated soon as Kelsey is having a baby GIRL in October).


 
 My family rented a boat for a few days with the intent of all the kids having a lot of fun tubing and such. Turns out it's hard to get little kids to tube and it results in a lot of crying and screaming (unless you're Thomas, and all you do it stare with no expression on your face whatsoever). The only thing that got Rafe on the tube was telling him he could tell us how fast to go. He then told us to "remember, I have COMPLETE CONTROL" whenever he got back on the tube.


 Thankfully we had life jackets that fit everyone.


 Right before Tyler tipped us over. Way to go, Tyler.


 It was Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, and so we got our fill of shark shows. Rafe made sure to never stand more than 3 feet away from the screen. Notice the green hue on the tv screen? Such an enjoyable way to enjoy tv.


 Ash takes great photos.



 Tubing with Ashleigh was the best because she just cackled uncontrollably at every turn.


 Dad got in the pool!


 Andrew may be better at wake boarding than me.


 Tyler and Andrew took Lucy kneeboarding. Goggles were essential to combat the splashing water.


 No hands!


 I also excel at knee boarding.



 Rafe is "special."



 That Berkley is the cutest thing ever. She also made an excellent flag holder.


 Thomas made sure to get into everything, including the trash.


 Wedgies.


I'm real sad this was our last vacation of the summer, but it was a real good way to end it.



2 comments:

Marianne & Eddie said...

looks like such a fun fam trip! hahaha best pic is for sure your solo shot knee-boarding. effortless.

ashley: said...

Love the knee boarding photo. You look classy no matter what you do.