Wednesday, March 25, 2009

student teaching

Favorite quotes from second graders:
"She should be married already--she needs to find herself a man!"
One boy's nice note to another boy on his birthday: You are priity. Your eyes are priity.
"My brain doesn't work that way, it's at home sleeping."
"You'd be lucky to find a diamond inside a rock. You'd be rich--like you'd have $1000."
Girl: Cleaning my desk is really quite comforting.
Boy: Well, girls like house cleaning. Your desk is like your house.

All time favorite thing said by student: Hobos drink from puddles.

I'm in a sixth grade classroom now, and I'm going to be honest. They're not as funny as the eight year olds. I love them, but they're in that awkward stage and don't just blurt out everything on their minds. And they don't type "whore" instead of "were." Too bad. It cracks me up. Gotta love teaching.....right?

2 1/2 more weeks until V-Day (graduation).


5 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

Those comments are hilarious!! It makes me wonder now what stupid things I said or spelled wrong! Good luck with your last two weeks Miss Hansen :)

Courtney said...

*gasp* Amy updated her blog!

I love the quotes, Amy. I can't believe you are almost done; that is so awesome. Where are you going to live after you graduate? You always talked about DC???

Kiki said...

seriously, it's about time! we miss you here at the office!

i love those quotes! kai's class is torturing their student teacher right now, i'll have to remind him to be nice to her!

Cindy said...

Happy LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Amy Kay!

Kelsey Ann said...

Too funny Amy!
And I posted pictures for you on my blog...happy?