Sunday, July 6, 2008

concerts, cars, and fireworks, oh my!

This weekend was awesome for many reasons. On Thursday night, Caitlin and I went to the Maria Taylor show in Salt Lake--she bought my ticket for my birthday. One of the best birthday presents ever. Maria Taylor rocks my world. The show was amazing, even though it started an hour and a half late, and she didn't come on until ten when she was supposed to start closer to nine. But it was worth it. She played my two favorite songs. 

On the 4th of July, Caitlin and I rode our bikes down to Sonic for a quick Coke run before we headed down to the Freedom Festival on Center Street. While we were at Sonic, two guys in an Audi asked us if they could ride our bikes, and being the nice girls we are, we let them. After they left, we saw that the windows in their car were down, so we got in. They had also left the keys in the ignition (smart one, guys), so we turned it on and blared some music. I can't believe that someone would leave their car unattended, completely unlocked, with the keys inside. How stupid can you get? So we took some pictures. We wanted to drive around to look for them, but they came back before we got the chance.

Caitlin showing off in their sweet ride.

I have no desire to go to the actual Stadium of Fire because I've heard that it gets so smokey that you can't see a thing. But I like the firework show that they put on, so me and a bunch of people from the ward went on the roof of the Riviera apartments, which gave us a perfect view of the stadium fireworks (that's the stadium right behind us).

I got a dope video of a particularly intense part of the show. It was practically right above us. Happy Freedom!

5 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

Aunt Amy,
I slept through the fireworks on the 4th, but because of your blog I was able to see a little of the action. I watched it three or four times and couldn't keep my eyes off of its beauty. Thank you!
Love,
Lucy Lulu

amy kay said...

Kelsey, you're a dork.


But I love you.

Anonymous said...

...you should of jacked the car

Sisters! said...

Kilby Court!! Myles used to take me to shows there back when we were 16 and in looooooove. In fact, his band played there a few times as well I believe. Good times, good times.
-katie

Kelsey Ann said...

I resent that comment! Hey, can you put that one of lu laughing on your blog? I want Tyler to see it and I think Lucy would L.O.V.E watching herself on that one for sure!