Friday, May 31, 2013

May

Miss Emma Lou is 7 weeks tomorrow--although I swear it feels more like 7 years. She's sleeping a lot better at night now, so I'm generally able to stay sane. It helps that she's just so darn cute (but I'm completely unbiased on that matter). She's awake and alert a lot more now during the day and looooves it when we talk to her; she's starting to coo and talk back (ADORABLE). She's also finally starting to fit into her 3 month clothes. Which is excellent because I purchased some pretty cute things that I've been dying to put her in. She's my little doll.

 
 When she's not swaddled her arms are always up. She napped like this for quite a while. She probably just wanted to showcase the rolls that are starting to appear on her arms.


 My favorite thing is getting her dressed up for church. There's nothing cuter than a girl in dresses. This was a dress worn by Andrew's sisters when they were babies. I'm a sucker for sentimental things. Note those large clown feet--in my 17 week ultrasound I was convinced her feet were ginormous and asked the OB/GYN if she also felt like they were large. She seemed puzzled by my question. Strange.


 Struggling to get free of her swaddle.


 Emma started smiling at 4 weeks and I kept trying to get a pic. She was not cooperative. I have no idea where she would get that trait from.....


But eventually we were successful. Melts my heart.


At five weeks we flew last minute to Denver to see Andrew's sister. She needed some help around the house trying to get it ready to sell and we had some free time, so it worked out great. Michelle had a baby girl in January (Annie); I'm so excited for Emma to have cousins so close to her in age. Otherwise getting together at family gatherings would not be as fun for her. Cousins make the best friends. Annie and Emma agree with me, as illustrated by the above pic.


I do not get to see these kids enough. Period.


 For Memorial Day we went to the Chesapeake Bay with the Harrisons and had a lot of fun playing on the water.



 Our ride on the waverunner was slightly terrifying due to my lack of swimwear. I was real scared Andrew would tip it and I would be freezing with wet underwear. Seriously, is there anything worse than wet underwear?




2 comments:

ashley: said...

Love everything about this post!! Keep 'em coming! Emma is adorable!!!

Meghan said...

Nothing worse than wet underwear.