Thursday, October 29, 2009

trash day

At home mom and dad are always there to remind me when Trash Day is. In Utah, seeing as I am supposed to be a responsible adult, I have to remind myself. Turns out I'm not good at remembering things, and neither are Paige and Marianne. It also turns out that when you forget to put your trash out on the street, the trash men don't take it. And when your trash (i.e. meat) is left in your garage for two weeks, you might run into the following problem: maggots. I have one word for this problem: EW. How do you clean up said problem? 
1. Put on appropriate maggot-cleaning attire. For some reason this includes sweatshirts and spandex. 
2. Spray maggots with your strongest cleaning chemicals. 


3. Get someone else to find a way to empty your trash can. Andrew may have sat in the trunk while he held on the trash can so Paige and I could drive the car to a nearby dumpster. What a trooper.


Moral of the story: Remember Trash Day.

2 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

That's disgusting! ha ha! I'm so glad I live in an apt that takes care of it. I have such a bad memory and I'm sure someday that will be me!

Courtney said...

ha ha ha
well, i am an adult responsible for the life of a child and I still forget trash day!!! In fact, I now have a sign that I put on the door to the garage so when Jared leaves in the morning, he remembers to take out the trash. We went two weeks once and it was horrible. We had to take the week 3 trash to a dumpster and luckily the other one was just outside on the side of the house.
That is so gross that you got maggots. I do not even want to know more details about them---eeeek! SICK!